http://www.flickr.com//photos/greenbeanstring/sets/72157628589422159/show/ So back on January 1st, I set out some personal and fibery goals, I checked in on them again in July, and now I get to see how I stacked up. I will be setting some new goals for 2012, which I will announce on January 1st, 2012.
So here I have reframed my goals as things I have (or haven't done) in 2011.
In 2011, I:
- Have become more "active and happy" by walking, cycling, and lifting weights, which are essential in improving my physical and mental health.
- Sang with a local women's chorus, volunteered at my local public library and paddled in a Dragon Boat participated in a downtown revitalization strategy.
- Have helped start a local fiber guild.
- Skied, snowshoed, hiked, biked and ATVed around my area, and got to know my surroundings better (See Slideshow Above).
- I bought less yarn than last year, but still bought a bunch of yarn.
- Spun fairly regularly and tried a few different techniques.
- Didn't manage to dye any yarn (although I did a cheap Old Navy pashmina during an unfortunate washing incident)
- Worked on some old techniques like stranded colorwork, lace, and cables, although not all that much as I would have liked.
- Tried out some new techniques like duplicate stitch andI-Cords, although that doesn't cover half of the cool techniques out there.
- Crocheted two blankets, and am now working on a cowl.
- Didn't make a mitten of the month club, although I did finish five pairs of mittens, including one pair of the Woodlands Mitten Kit from Knit Picks.
- Updated the blog regularly, including FO posts as well as other posts, fibery and otherwise.
So overall, I did well to meet my goals and there are a few things I wasn't planning on when I set my goals in December that came up through the year, like socks. I am excited to set my goals for 2012.