So, here we are at the end of the the first day of the year and I guess it is time to let all of you know what to expect from me this year, although if last year is any indication my results and my goals bear very little resemblance to one another.
This year instead of classifying by craft, I have set my goals by type.
In 2013, I want to ...
- Spin 5lbs of fluff
- Use up 10 miles of yarn
- Create 40 items (knit, crocheted or woven)
- Knit 15 pairs of socks
- Knit an adult sweater for myself
- Complete a project in Tunisian Crochet
- Learn and complete a project that uses Broomstick Lace
- Learn and complete a project in Brioche Stitch
- Learn and complete a project in double knitting
- Complete a tatting project
- Give stranded colorwork another try
- Complete the sampler in The Weavers Idea Book by Jane Patrick
- Complete a weaving project using overshot techniques
- Compete a weaving project for something OTHER than a scarf or cowl
- Spin a semi-woolen yarn (long draw from a combed top)
- Spin an "art yarn"
- Spin a laceweight yarn
- Give needle felting another try
- Give DPNs another try
Yarn and Stash
- Use my handspun yarns in knitting, crochet and weaving projects
- Use more yarn than I stash -- More specifically get my stash ratio to less than 1.0 for 2013 and try to get my lifetime ratio to less than 2.0 by the end of the year (as the end of 2012 it was 2.43)
- Destash yarns I don't absolutely love and probably won't ever use
So, it looks like I have a few awesomely cool challenges ahead of me this year, and I'm sure I will dream up a few more in the next 12 months.