This year I'm going simple, my goal is to follow my desires. So often I get caught up in achieving goals I miss out on the joy I get from doing the things I love. So rather than being focused on very specific goals, I'm going to do what I want and all the "tangible" things on my goals list for this year can be met in service to the main goal.
So without further ado, my goals for 2014.
In 2014, I want to ...
Do the projects (knitting, spinning, weaving, crocheting, tatting, embroidery) I want when I want to do them.
- Spin 5lbs of fluff
- Use up 10 miles of yarn
- Create 40 items (knit, crocheted or woven)
- Knit 14 pairs of socks (I'm using the hashtag #14pairsin2014 on Instagram if you want to follow along)
- Knit an adult sweater for myself
Yarn and Stash
- Use my handspun yarns in knitting, crochet and weaving projects
- Use more yarn than I stash -- More specifically get my stash ratio to less than 1.0 for the year and try to get my lifetime ratio to less than 2.0 by the end of the year
- Destash yarns I don't absolutely love and probably won't ever use.
- Develop a good repertoire of classes to be taught in and around Muskoka
- Self-publish at least one pattern (but hopefully more)
So, I have 365 days to do what I can on these goals and we will see on December 31, 2014 if the year is as unexpected as 2013 has been.