Here in Canada it is Thanksgiving, and my 30th birthday is coming up on Friday. Also, my last day of work at my current position is on Wednesday and I have some very exciting meetings lined up.
So, in the midst of all that I've been thinking about being thankful and what makes me happy. So I wanted to share the things that make my life just a little bit better.
- My Family - My mom turned 60 yesterday and my sister (Carla @ Georgian Bay Fibre Co.) cooked up a most amazing Thanksgiving/Birthday feast for my mom. It was so great to talk knitting with my Auntie Ellen, who taught me how to knit back in high school, and get to see my grandparents, something I didn't get to do enough of this summer.
- Former Professors - Part of leaving my current job is to find my way back to my educational background and so I've been reaching out to former professors for advice and it's been really gratifying to get positive feedback. I guess I'm more memorable than I think I am, because they taught me more than 7 years ago.
- Jack, the cat - I've been living with my part-vampire cat for almost a year now, he moved into my place on October 27th and I really can't imagine not having him around. Right now he is perched on the top of my bookshelf watching me type in my blog. Aaaand now he has hopped on to the kitchen counter.
- Sock Knitting - In the past month I've finished three pairs of socks and am rounding the corner on my 4th pair. It's been a real solace and I've decided to let myself off the hook for feeling like I have to want to knit other things. So for the foreseeable future I will be knitting socks, and my own designs, mostly socks but not exclusively.
- Yoga Jeans - Thanks to some enabling by Carla I ordered two new pairs of my favorite jeans, plus-sized Yoga Jeans. They look and feel great and make me feel like I'm so put together (something I rarely am).
- Kindle - I have one of the older styled ones and having a never-ending supply of my favorite books at my fingertips brings real joy to my life.
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - John Oliver is my jam and his rants are amazing! My favorite might be the Miss America one or possibly the one on Ferguson. For the first time in my life I wish I had HBO.
Serial - This amazing new podcast from the This American Life team (one of my fave podcasts) that is telling the story of the 1999 murder of Hae Min Lee. But they are telling it week by week as the the story and research unfolds. It is gripping and heartbreaking and and is everything I love about podcasts.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?